Tarnished Knight - Bec McMaster Since this is a novelle & not a full-length novel, it packed a might punch. It's been a while since I read book 1, so this really revved up my engines for the recently released book 2.

This H & h were meant to be together. Period. I got annoyed, however, that the author did the "we can't be together because I'm not worthy of you" (eyes roll) plot on the H's part. (Seriously, WHY OH WHY do authors go that annoying route??? Can't they be more creative or imaginative in prolonging the couple's union?) I hear there's a lot of that going on in book 2 as well. Good thing this series is so good or else I don't know if I'd have the fortitude nor patience to endure it. Anyway, I am pretty impressed w/how much of a story on this couple BM gives in this novelle. Especially since the last quarter of the book wasn't even about this couple but a lead up to the next book. BM gave us drama, resolution & set this couple on their path to HEA. If you're a fan of this series & plan on sticking w/it, you need to read this to keep up w/all the goings on in this steampunk world.

Good book. Good series. I'm a fan both. Ok BM, whatcha have for me next? Book 2??? Let's go!